Exciting new opportunity has arisen to join this established Poole based company, within a growing department. Working in the projects team, the technical estimator will be responsible for producing quotations and offering technical assistance on a variety of systems and bespoke fabrications
- Producing CAD drawing, interpreting technical drawings and producing accurate customer quotes to a high standard in a timely manner. (training can be provided, although previous experience with CAD / technical drawings would be advantageous)
- Supporting the sales team as a point of contact for quotes and / or other technical support related queries
- Producing calculations using in a bespoke in-house software package
- Keeping an updated, accurate record of customer information and ensuring that the CRM is managed effectively.
- Communicating with suppliers, raising purchase orders and ensuring that stock is available for orders as they arise.
- Developing strong working relationships both internally with colleagues but with the wider team and external contacts as well.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Good organisational skills, ability to manage own workload and prioritise tasks to suit the ever-changing needs of the business.
- Previous experience of working in the construction industry, with particular focus on renewable energy disciplines is ideal.
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail is essential for this role – the technical estimator will liaise with clients and third parties both over the phone and via telephone.
- High level numeracy skills & strong IT skills are essential – you will be using Microsoft Office, with focus on Excel (including complex formulas)
- You will ideally hold a BS:7671, 18th Edition qualification and / or CSCS Card.
- Good organisational skills and the ability manage your own workload and prioritise tasks is essential. You will be working in a fast paced, ever changing environment where no two days are the same.
- Proven experience in a similar role, or if you are a trainee looking for your next challenge, a degree in renewable energy / similar would support your application.
For more information about this role, or to apply, please get in touch with Joy Bruce at Collaborate Recruitment. We look forward to hearing from you.