Salary: £DOE per annum
We are looking for an experienced Systems Accountant with a strong project management background and experience of implementing finance and ERP software, into the manufacturing sector.
To develop and maintain the Finance and ERP software systems and associated processes to meet organisational requirements. In addition, the successful systems accountant will work collaboratively with internal departments, training users within the wider business and supporting the implementation of future arrangements for systems administration.
• To develop financial processes and deploy best practices across the business, working collaboratively with other departments to improve financial performance and integrity
• To provide support to the Finance and Systems team through projects and process enhancements
• Act as the liaison between the Finance team and Systems team
• Manage projects to improve and develop financial processes
• Fully understand and document the financial impact of current processes, challenge the integrity, suggest & implement improvements
• Provide analysis to assess the key areas for improvement in financial business processes and the ERP system
• Document business processes in Finance as they are developed and design new workflows
• Provide workshops to relevant employees across the business to ensure new processes are fully understood and managed
• Development of tools to help investigation of root-causes for underperformance
• Assist the finance team with any other ad hoc work
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Qualified Accountant with manufacturing experience is essential for the success of this role.
• Extensive experience of working with recognised ERP Systems (SAP, Oracle, JD Edwards, Navision or equivalent) with particular reference to manufacturing modules.
• Project Management experience is essential and a formal qualification (Green Belt / Agile methodology) would be advantageous
• An in depth understanding of finance and how processes work, is essential as you will be working closely with both finance and the wider project team to implement supporting systems and processes
• A confident communicator who has experience of working with people at all levels and has the ability to quickly identify requirements in order to improve processes
• Excellent IT skills including advanced Excel and a good understanding of databases, data uploads, extraction, and interfaces with other systems.
For more information about this role, or to apply, please get in touch with Joy Bruce at Collaborate Recruitment. We look forward to hearing from you.