Salary: £DOE per annum
Due to company growth, this Poole based organisation are looking to expand their Supply Chain department, with an additional Supply Chain Controller. The successful candidate will be working internally with colleagues and other departments across the business, as well as dealing with suppliers and customers externally, managing supply chain and materials control, from start to finish.
• Ensure the continuity of supply of parts/materials to support internal manufacturing and to meet customers’ requirements
• ‘Cradle to Grave’ supplier responsibility via commodity-based procurement
• Schedule incoming materials according to the forecasted demand, managing lead times, negotiating with suppliers, as and when required.
• Generate and issue purchase orders on nominated suppliers and provide specification for material and services ordered.
• Inform suppliers of any non-conformances for goods received, and where necessary, negotiate on costs / lead times etc.
• Expedite orders and report on any delays that may impact production or supply.
• Update information on Excel spreadsheets, demand planning system and an ERP System (Previous ERP systems experience is essential)
• Query pricing discrepancies or any other issues and report findings to the respective department for action, obtaining credit notes as necessary
• Handle imports as and when required, liaising with relevant external parties
• Ensure that you achieve and maintain business KPI’s within your role remit.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Microsoft Word & more specifically, Excel in an office environment – essential
• ERP/MRP – ideal, although training can be provided if the successful candidate has worked with similar systems.
• Supplier management experience – essential
• Excellent communication skills with experience of dealing with external customers and suppliers, as well as multiple internal departments
• Previous experience of working in either supply chain / procurement is essential
• A friendly, adaptable nature with experience of working in a team environment, as well as on your own initiative.
• Dynamic and results driven.
• Our client is looking for someone that they can trust to get on and do a good job, ensuring that they are accurate, efficient and able to manage multiple tasks at one time.
Our client has undertaken all measures to ensure that social distancing, safety and cleanliness is to the highest standard, in order to provide a safe working space for all staff on site. This role would require the successful candidate to work from the office on a full-time basis.
For more information about this role, or to apply, please get in touch with Joy Bruce at Collaborate Recruitment. We look forward to hearing from you.