Salary: £Competitive per annum
We are looking for an experienced Purchasing Assistant to join the growing purchasing department of this well-established, Hampshire based organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the Purchasing Supervisor with all purchasing requirements as well as working closely with the purchasing administrator, to ensure that all day to day administration tasks are completed as required.
The purchasing department are extremely busy, with strict deadlines / supply agreements, so this individual will need to be self-motivated, able to work under pressure and have excellent communication skills in order to manage expectations both internally and with customers and suppliers alike.
• Liaising with suppliers and customers over the phone / email to ensure that expectations are met and any queries are dealt with, in a professional and timely manner.
• Inputting paperwork data onto an inhouse system, checking/allocating out of stock orders.
• Following up once goods arrive and confirming out of stock orders
• Posting invoices
• Chasing, checking, and inputting order confirmations and keeping customers informed with any updates / delays or other queries relating to their orders and delivery thereof.
• Assisting with urgent orders, ensuring that where possible, they can be fulfilled
• Assist with weekly progressing chasing and ensuring that all parties are kept informed of any changes.
• Supporting with general administration duties, which may include checking for out of stock orders / stock re-availability.
• Providing a high level of service to customers and maintain good relationships with suppliers.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Previous experience of working within a purchasing role is essential in order to add value to both the administrator and the supervisor within the team.
• Excellent communication skills are essential – you will be liaising with customers and suppliers on a day to day basis and will be expected to offer excellent service and support.
• Proactive approach – liaising with both internal departments and external contacts, you will be required to work closely with various internal teams (sales, Warehouse) to ensure that all related parties are kept up to date with changes / delays etc.
• A self-motivated, team oriented ethic is essential – whilst the purchasing team are very well established with a fantastic knowledge base that they are keen share with this new member of the team, they are extremely busy and require someone who can pick things up easily, adapt to changes and take ownership of their role quickly.
• You will need to have an analytical mindset with the ability to identify errors and come up with potential solutions to rectify such problems.
• Initiative is key – whilst training will be provided and specific industry experience is not essential, this person will need to use their initiative to develop an understanding of how the business works, the relationships between suppliers, freight forwarders, customers etc. in order to be able to add value to the team and wider organisation.
For more information about this role, or to apply, please get in touch with Joy Bruce at Collaborate Recruitment. We look forward to hearing from you.