Our client is looking for a Brand Strategist / Account Director, to join their Marketing / client services team. For many years, our client created high profile, national campaigns for a number of the UK’s largest, well recognised brands – their continued success has meant that they are now looking to increase their headcount with the addition of a senior level marketing professional, within a Brand Strategist / Account Director level. The team adopt an insight driven approach to creating conceptual campaigns and they take pride in all of their work. They invest in their clients and get to know their brands, often pushing the boundaries of creativity.
With an enviable Client list, the Marketing Account Director will be managing a portfolio of some of the agencies top clients and are therefore looking for a passionate marketer who is a natural leader and relationship builder. The successful candidate will need to be able to think big, whilst also delivering on the detail. Specific industry experience is required, along with an in depth knowledge of the associated channels and shopper behaviours.
- Key for this role is experience of planning input in brand, innovation, or strategic design agencies where the role focused on providing direction and rationale for the brand, guiding creative and research stages in pursuit of the conclusion. Brilliant organisational skills (you will be leading projects) plus industry related experience is essential.
- You will be overseeing a team of 2 / 3 other key members of the client services / marketing team, so experience of leading a small team would be ideal
- Covering a variety of marketing related duties, across all channels including shopper, experiential and digital. You will have an excellent client services team to support and a brilliant creative team to inspire.
- Building and maintaining relationships with existing clients and adding value to their brand through the delivery of creative marketing solutions
- Pitching and winning work with existing and new clients
- Managing and overseeing the effective delivery of day-to-day projects
- Responsible for the commercial success of your clients
- Ensuring projects are managed effectively and completed on time, in budget and in line with strategic objectives.
- Proactively provide project status information to group account director and team
- Attending and running workshops (as required and not necessarily alone)
- Writing insight led proposals
- Attending meetings and offering creative input towards the client’s brief
- Proven ability of ‘owning’ projects and the day to day planning and account management thereof
- The ability to nurture and grow client relationships and actively develop revenue with existing clients, supporting client wins
- An accomplished skill in insight development
- Experience in facilitating workshops, running global positionings and global innovation projects
- Ability to thrive within an independent working environment and be a pro-active, a team player
- Ability to strategize and write global toolkits for brand and capability function.
- At least 5 years’ experience in an agency environment:
- Experience delivering experiential and events
- Solid consumer account experience
- Knowledge of FMCG/retail market
- Experience of working in a below the line agency environment
- Experience working with blue chip clients
For more information about this role, or to apply, please get in touch with Joy Bruce at Collaborate Recruitment. We look forward to hearing from you.