Salary: £Up to £45,000 DOE per annum
Location: the Poole area
Industry: Construction / Engineering / Production
We are working exclusively with this Dorset based company who are looking to employ an HR Manager to join their growing team, taking full ownership for the HR and People function and to be an active part of the management team.
Overall responsibility will include updating the HR and People strategy, management of people and engagement and dealing with all HR related activities (including administration) for this multi-site operation.
• Provide comprehensive HR advice and support to the business, senior management team and all staff members across multiple sites.
• Evaluate and develop HR and people policies, procedures, and internal systems, ensuring that records are accurate and always updated
• Monitor and manage performance within the team, ensuring that any issues or queries are dealt with professionally and recorded accurately
• Conduct staff appraisals, reviews and disciplinary hearings as required
• Manage holidays / absences within the organisation and ensure that return to work interviews / relevant follow up action is managed and recorded efficiently
• Liaise with other sites / teams remotely and manage recruitment of staff for various roles across each location
• Work closely with hiring managers across the business to ensure recruitment processes run smoothly from start to finish – assessing cv’s, interviews, offer and induction, as required to ensure that the right staff are joining the company. Culture and capability is very important to our client!
• Oversee HR related projects, manage budgets and ensure that you are delivering to agreed KPI’s and Objectives for the HR department
• Help to create an inclusive culture where employees are proud to work and understand the opportunities available to them, as they progress with their careers
• Ensure that all HR Administration is up to date at all times – this is a hands-on position so whilst support may be available to you, you will take overall responsibility for all HR related activities
• Take ownership for organising company events, socials and other company events, as required.
• Develop and implement employee benefit and loyalty program and other related projects, as required.
• Oversee the Recruitment process, hiring of both permanent / contractors as required, across multiple sites within the company.
KEY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• Previous experience of working in a stand-alone HR Manager’s role is essential
• Excellent people management skills is essential – you will take an active part in managing recruitment, inductions, reviews etc. Previous experience of recruitment within an HR role, is therefore essential
• Strong communication skills and the ability to manage challenging people / situations, is essential
• CIPD qualifications and experience of working in an HR Manager / Business Partner role is essential
• Experience of working in either manufacturing / engineering / construction or a similar environment is essential – you will be working with staff and managers at all levels across a wide range of positions
• Adaptable and resilient by nature is essential to the success of this HR Manager role within this growing organisation
• Confidence to manage your own workload and oversee that of other staff members is essential
• Experience of working with senior management teams / directors is essential – you will be part of the management team as a representative for HR and People – a confidence to report at board level, is therefore essential.
For more information about this role, or to apply, please get in touch with Joy Bruce at Collaborate Recruitment. We look forward to hearing from you.