Working exclusively with this client based near Poole, we are recruiting for an experienced Finance Manager / Financial Controller, whose overall responsibility will be for the day to day management of all accounting functions for the group of companies. In addition to working, you will work closely with the Managing Director and other members of the board, to enhance long term financial planning and business monitoring.
- Production of group company monthly management accounts)
- Production and submission of group VAT & PAYE returns
- Manage the production and timely submission of group annual accounts
- Production of annual group budgets and forecasts
- Manage the relationships with external Auditor and / external Accountants and any other outsourced consultancy support.
- Work closely with the board to provide the required financial support in securing any business financing / business acquisitions as required
- Maintain detailed and accurate information in the Monthly Company Reports and keep accurate accounting records on file
- Attend monthly senior management team meetings to discuss finance related activity, making informed suggestions for any processes / procedures or internal systems improvements.
- Monitor and manage performance within your team appropriately. You will be responsible for the overall small Finance team and oversee development plans, KPI’s, carry out appraisals and / or any other support related meetings.
- Ensure that the Group companies comply with all accounting legal and regulatory requirements
- A commercial, figures oriented mindset is essential for this role – you will be required to deliver agreed financial objectives and tasks assigned to you and your team, but also work closely with the Senior Management team to ensure that the business achieves it’s goals / targets in line with agreed objectives.
- A challenging, confident nature is essential as is the ability to lead but also work with a hands-on approach.
- Strong IT skills – Microsoft Office 365, Excel and Word
- Previous working knowledge of Industry Accounting Software / bespoke finance packages.
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- A minimum of 3 years senior finance management experience is required, within a similar role (ideally Construction, Manufacturing or engineering)
- Excellent communication skills and previous supervisory / leadership experience is essential – you will need to be able to communicate effectively with your direct team, the business as a whole and external stakeholders.
- IFA / CIMA Qualified
- Full Drivers licence – occasional travel to other sites may be required.
For more information about this role, or to apply, please get in touch with Joy Bruce at Collaborate Recruitment. We look forward to hearing from you.