Salary: £DOE per annum
Industry: Finance and Accounting
We are actively looking for an experienced Accounts / Finance Manager for a well-established organisation in Poole. The successful Finance Manager will take responsibility for supervising the finance team of 3 / 4 staff as well as managing their own workload within a very busy department. The successful candidate will be developing and coaching the team to improve performance and efficiency and assisting with queries.
• Supervise the Purchase Ledger, Sales Ledger, Credit Control and Payroll assistants, ensuring that any complex queries or issues are handled effectively, in order for the Purchase ledger to be closed in line with month end deadlines.
• Manage credit control (along with the credit controller), ensuring debts are being collected in a timely manner and customers are being put on hold when required
• Supervise monthly payroll and ensure a thorough review is conducted prior to sign off for submission to the accountants
• Working off the ERP system to pull off reports, manage supplier payments and update records accordingly
• Completion of monthly VAT returns, intrastat and P11Ds
• To complete month end journals including credit card accrual, wages journal, holiday pay accrual, invoice accruals and all other accruals and prepayments
• To work with the Financial Controller on processes such as Payroll Costs Analysis, Overhead Analysis, and Ad Hoc Variance Analysis
• Manage supplier account reconciliation process on a monthly basis.
• Assist with year-end audit work
• To continually improve and streamline finance processes.
• To undertake any other ad hoc project work to enable the smooth running of a very busy finance department
KEY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• Previous Supervisory / staff management experience is essential for this role – you will need to demonstrate the ability to motivate and support staff, whilst working collaboratively within a very busy department.
• Technical accounting knowledge including sound understanding of transactional accounting and accruals/prepayments (DRs & CRs) and payroll
• AAT part/fully qualified – essential
• Proficient Microsoft Excel experience is essential – you will be working off a number of excel spreadsheets, alongside an integrated ERP system, so confidence with Vlookups, pivot tables etc, would be advantageous
• Experience of supervising the Payroll function – reviewing data including holidays, absence etc.
• Confidence of working to deadlines, within a pressurised environment is essential.
• You will be reporting to senior management, so excellent communication skills are essential, as is the ability to report on your actions, within team meetings.
• Preparing UK and foreign VAT returns
• P&L variance analysis
For more information about this role, or to apply, please get in touch with Joy Bruce at Collaborate Recruitment. We look forward to hearing from you.