Salary: £DOE per annum
Industry: Warehouse / Manufacturing
We are recruiting for a Despatch Administrator to join the Logistics department of a well-established, growing company in Poole. The successful candidate will take responsibility for the processing and administration of customers’ orders, ensuring that legislative requirements are adhered to, in relation to the export and shipping of goods across Europe and Internationally. The successful candidate will have excellent administration skills and be a confident communicator who is happy to liaise with customers and internal teams, as well as interact with the shop floor / manufacturing departments to ensure that orders are completed and despatched, as expected.
• Processing and administering orders in accordance with legislative requirements (including export documentation, shipping arrangements, liaising with transport / logistics companies, ensuring delivery of goods on time in full.)
• Checking off shipping invoices, updating systems accordingly
• Actioning email requests and liaising with internal departments to resolve any queries / issues in relation to despatch of goods.
• Ensuring that finished goods are despatched with right paperwork in order to meet new legislative requirements recently enforced.
• Taking responsibility for all administrative tasks to do with processes of despatch.
• Ensuring all health and safety procedures are adhered to at all times.
• Working closely with the despatch team, covering for others in their absence
• Maintaining and improving systems and processes
SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS and EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
• Previous Export / Despatch administration experience is ideal, but not essential as training will be provided.
• Excellent administration experienced is essential, as is the ability to multitask.
• An overall understanding of transport / export / logistics compliance would be ideal.
• Strong Microsoft office experience is essential and an understanding of CRM / ERP systems would be advantageous.
• Previous experience of working in a warehouse / manufacturing / freight / transport environment would be ideal.
• Excellent communication skills are essential as is a hands on approach – you will be expected to work directly with the warehousing / manufacturing departments so will on occasion, be required to wear safety gear on site.
For more information about this role, or to apply, please get in touch with Joy Bruce at Collaborate Recruitment. We look forward to hearing from you.