Salary: £21,000 - £25,000 per annum
ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT JOB SUMMARY:
Our client is looking for an Accounts Assistant to join their finance team, at their head office location in the Poole area. Previous experience of working in a finance / account’s role is required for this position, although training and on the job, support will be provided.
This position would suit someone with at least 1 years’ finance experience, looking for progression or their next step.
• The Accounts assistant will report into the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day accounts administration and to ensure the smooth delivery of company accounts.
• Manage supplier Invoices, to include matching with Purchase Orders, reconciling to Statements, obtaining sign off & preparing payment
• Verification of Sub-Contractors via HMRC portal and ensuring timely submission of online CIS returns (Training will be provided)
• Process all customer Invoices, to include credit requirement, creation of new contracts for job costing, processing and issuing of all raised Invoices & posting receipts
• Effective management of the credit control process, to include issuing statements and legal documentation where required
• Work closely with the finance team to support the payroll function as required
• Timely completion of month end balance sheet control account reconciliations
• Attendance of monthly finance meetings
• Support the team with additional finance administration duties
• Work closely with the wider department as required
KEY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE:
• Previous accounts administration / finance experience – 12 + months required
• A strong communicator who works well as part of a team, as well as independently
• Previous Sage experience would be ideal – our client works with Sage, as well as a bespoke in house system for their industry – training and support will be provided, but you are required to have confidence in using accountancy software / other Microsoft office products.
• A proactive, self motivated attitude is essential – you will be joining a very finance department, so will be required to be able to manage your own workloads, with confidence.
For more information about this role, or to apply, please contact Joy Bruce at Collaborate Recruitment.