INTERNAL ACCOUNT MANAGER JOB SUMMARY:
We are looking for an experienced Account Manager who is comfortable doing both Business Development, Account management and project related tasks.
The successful Account Manager will be reaching out to potential customers and booking appointments on behalf of the Business Development Manager, as well as overseeing the onboarding process for new customers, following initial meetings and introductions.
Previous Project Management experience, the ability to multitask, and interact with people at all levels, is essential for this role. You will be joining a fast-growing organisation, into one of their smaller but growing departments, so confidence to tackle the position with a very hands on, proactive approach is essential.
ACCOUNT MANAGER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- The Account Manager will assume responsibility for contacting customers off the back of interest generated through exhibitions and events, marketing campaigns or other advertising channels
- Booking appointments on behalf of the field-based Business Development managers
- Internal projects – to include onboarding of new customers, which would see you liaising with various internal departments as well as the customer or other third parties
- Working closely with the internal sales support team to ensure that once the customer is onboarded, they have the relevant support from an Account Management point of view.
- Account Management – ensuring that you are continuously identifying opportunities to drive growth / further profitability within your existing accounts.
- Research and obtain quality business leads via various channels
- Organise and prioritise your own workload, ensuring that your objectives and KPI’s are met
- Work closely with internal teams and external customers and suppliers to ensure the overall growth and productivity of each account
KEY SKILLS / EXPERIENCE REQUIRED IN THE ACCOUNT MANAGER POSITION:
- Previous Account Management / Business Development / Project Administration experience would be required, as you will be expected to proactively build relationships with new and existing customers
- A proactive approach to your work, as well as the drive to work independently and as part of a very busy team
- Systems and processes – you will need to demonstrate confidence with systems -You will be working off multiple systems (some of which are bespoke, so training will be provided)
- Confidence with Excel is essential for this role
- An inquisitive mindset would be hugely beneficial – the ability to research and analyse customer potentials, new markets etc.
- The ability to work under pressure in a busy work environment is crucial to the success of this role.
Our client is offering an excellent package, with some fantastic additional benefits including bonus scheme, free parking on site, competitive holiday package, free snacks and wonderful coffee, team days out and a host of other unique benefits.
This role would suit someone who has a background as an Account Manager, Sales Administrator, Project Manager, Project Administrator, Business Development Manager.
For more information about this exciting new opportunity, please contact Joy Bruce at Collaborate Recruitment in Bournemouth.