Salary: £Competitive per annum
Industry: Distribution and Manufacturing
Our client, a well-established Poole based organisation, are looking for an experienced Manager/Team Leader, to join and help shape the future direction of their internal sales team. Our client is a stable, successful market leader, and is investing in people, systems and processes, in order to support its next stage of growth.
The experienced internal sales team generate all quotations, process orders and deal with sales enquiries, via telephone, email and an e-commerce site from direct from existing customers / distributors or end users. This is a very busy department and it is therefore imperative that the Manager/Team Leader is not only comfortable managing and prioritising an existing team, but leading with a very hands-on approach, taking ownership of tasks as well. You will need to be able to demonstrate excellent communication skills, as well as the ability to manage a busy, reactive workload and delegate tasks effectively. With thousands of products lines available, you will need to be a proactive learner and keen to understand how, what, why and to whom products are sold.
Duties to include:
• Provide excellent customer service both over the phone, via live chat and email
• Manage and develop the Sales Order processing team in order to achieve objectives and expectations of the wider business and its customers
• Oversee all incoming orders and ensure that the team are responsive, professional and efficient in their response
• Provide quotations to customers, following up enquiries and dealing with any negotiations or queries as a result
• Handle customer complaints or issues in a professional manner
• Work alongside other internal teams (purchasing, external sales, accounts, technical) to set up new processes and ensure the smooth running of the department.
• Take ownership of any adhoc projects as and when required
• Ensure that the ERP system is updated effectively and that all customer information is accurate
• Assist with the roll-out of new ERP systems and processes
• Motivate, support and lead the sales order processing team – introduce regular meetings, 1-2-1’s or other processes to enhance performance and overall morale in the team
• General administration tasks, as required
This role will suit someone with previous supervisory or man management experience, ideally from within manufacturing / engineering / product distribution or consumables.
The successful candidate will demonstrate:
• An empathetic and professional approach, both in person and over the phone
• A strong B2B customer service background and experience of leading a team
• Previous experience of managing an inbound sales team would be ideal – whilst this department aren’t targeted on outbound sales, the ability to cross-sell and get the best out of a client relationship, will be hugely beneficial
• A proactive, hands on approach is essential for this role – whilst you will be leading the team, you will certainly be expected to respond to sales orders / requests coming in and potentially manage certain larger customers, as an Account Manager
• You will need to be a confident systems user- previous ERP / CRM experience is essential, as is Microsoft Excel / Word etc.
For more information about this role, or to apply, please get in touch with Joy Bruce at Collaborate Recruitment. We look forward to hearing from you.